HPHA National Public Health Week in Hawaii
Monday, April 1, 2019
The Intersection of Climate, Health & Equity
At the 2019 NPHW event, HPHA discussed the Intersection of Climate, Health & Equity featuring efforts across the state to address the interconnected issues to climate change, health and equity. Action to address climate change has the potential for huge health benefits; conscious consideration of the health and equity impacts of various options for addressing climate change can help optimize the health benefits of climate action. Our actions now will determine the magnitude of future impacts, how quickly they occur, and the extent to which our communities can thrive in the face of climate change.
1. To inform HPHA membership about the effects of climate change on public health.
2. To introduce HPHA membership to programs, initiatives and leaders in Hawaii addressing climate change, health and equity.
3. To expand HPHA's network by engaging non-traditional partners in climate change, representing multiple sectors such as transportation, energy, water, food and agriculture..
4. To facilitate linkages and collaboration between champions in climate change. health and equity.
5. To explore opportunities to advance initiatives in climate change, health and equity.
1. Introduction to UN 17 SDG, Aloha+, Hawaii Green Growth, Ala Wai Watershed Collaborative and Business Forum
2. City & County of Honolulu Office of Climate Change, Sustainability, and Resiliency
3. Food & Zero Waste by Ehuola Youth at Kokua Kalihi Valley
4. Intro to Impact Investing - Discuss the process and companies innovating in food, water, waste, and energy
by Elemental Excelerator & Ulupono Initiative
More information on NPHW Event Speakers & Special Activities
Thank you to our generous sponsors: